Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 20 October 2011

Hooking and Quilting: The Twain Does Meet

Awhile back, rug hooker Kate Seely from Ontario contacted me to ask permission to translate my New York Roundabout quilt into a hooked mat. It sounded rather intriguing and I was pleased to say yes. Here's the New York Roundabout quilt:
...and here is the beginning of Kate's mat.
She drew it out full sized on the burlap base.
Her palette of wool is similar to mine.
This gorgeous rainbow is being used for the spikes in the New York Beauty block.
Kate assures me she is a slow hooker and that it will be some time before her project is complete. I can't wait to see it!

5 comments:

  1. This is one of the most interesting blog posts I've read in a long time. I will be watching to see Kate's finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice in the last issue (or the one before) of A Needle Pulling Thread - there was a quilt block hooked rug. SOOO cool! I can't wait to see this done. I bet hooking is tough on the hands? Do you know? I really want to try some day. : )
    That's a great pattern too - such an illusion.
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great reading and looking. Thanks so much. If you couldn't be there in prson, this is the next best thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, just beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished rug.

    ReplyDelete