Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 21 October 2011

Phree Motion Phenoms

The first pictures of projects completed from last week's free motion quilting workshop are in and they look fabulous. This first one is Glenda's, who wrote a keeper of a note, including this bit: "Here it is...definitely a "first effort" but finished, and I am pleased as punch with my little quilt. If all I had learned at the workshop was how to mitre corners or how to do the binding, I would have been happy. Instead I learned how to do something I thought was totally beyond me. Thanks for giving me the confidence to do free motion."
The next two pictures are from Sheila, who really put the pedal to the metal during class. This is her first one.
Then she stitched it again, this time using a different background filler and even adding some micro stippling to the centre cross hatching.
Sheila says, "I really enjoyed your class, and I'm more relaxed at machine quilting now." Thank you Glenda and Sheila for sharing your pictures, and congrats for sticking to it and finishing your pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment