Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday 20 March 2010

National Quilt Day

Today is a special day for quilters, one especially set aside in our honour! I've even heard rumours that husbands pitch in to cook...do you suppose?!
I am working on a couple of very different projects and enjoying both. I am at the appliqué stage on "With Glowing Hearts", adding bias stems to the maple leaves:


This is mock hand appliqué by machine, using invisible thread and a blind stitch. It moves along quickly, and looks like hand work when done.I also am finishing up the New York Beauty blocks in Fossil Fern. Using the Benartex fabric foundations has made piecing these blocks very quick and easy. As I am stitching them together, I am dreaming about how to quilt them - I already have the block layout determined.
What's on your sewing table today?

1 comment:

  1. I am working on a pinwheel mini quilt. It has machine applique with invisible thread too.
    I mentioned to my husband your comment about husbands cooking on quilt day! If it is written, it must be true!! ♥

    ReplyDelete