Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 18 March 2010

Blessings, Irish and Otherwise

May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
Amid St. Patrick's Day corned beef and cabbage and the fun recitation of traditional Irish Blessings, I paused to take stock of other blessings in my everyday life as a quilter. Certainly the Bernina 440 QE is one - a HUGE one - which I appreciate more each day as my admiration for this machine grows and grows. I also appreciate how available the Bernina Lady is to answer all of my many questions. As I sew, I email pictures of my work to my sister Nancy who often writes back, "very nice...but did you know you have a block upside down?" I, of course, write back defensively: "I meant to do it that way - it's the design"...then quickly right the offending block. Thanks, Nan. Another blessing is Lynn Bourgeois whom I have come to depend upon for clear, honest and thorough checking of my patterns before they go to print. If you have ever tried to write instructions for something you've made from scratch you will know how easy it is write down the wrong measurement while your head is elsewhere (as mine often is...), or even simply type it incorrectly while hurrying to meet a deadline. Just think of the difference the omission of one character can make in cutting your squares if one were to write "12" instead of "1/2" ! Because of Lynn, readers making the Meadow Song quilt from Quilter's Connection know to make the correct number of HST's to complete their quilt top.

Thank you Lynn for all the behind-the-scenes help you provide. I appreciate your unsung assistance and support a great deal.

Are you up for checking two more? :)

1 comment:

  1. Karen - I got my copy of QC magazine and I want to congratulate you on the superb quilt. Great cover picture and directions very clear. Great to have good help behind the scenes. I can tell you are in love with your new Bernina. Looks like its perfectfor you. Lucy

    ReplyDelete