Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday 31 March 2009

March: In Like a Lion, Out Like a...Lion (?)

The lamb appears to be 'on the lamb'. Yesterday we added another 25 cm of snow. The kids were sent home early from school and remain home today.
The inside day was put to good use, as I worked away at assembling workshop kits. I will be presenting the Maritime Beauty workshop twice in April: in Tatamagouche, N.S. and near Fredericton, N.B. If anyone in these areas is interested in attending, please email and I'll put you in touch with the registrar. There won't be much sewing time until the kits are done, as they involve making yards and yards of bias binding samples but I did take time to cut and sew one of the borders on the silk quilt. Trying to get a 2 metre length of slippery silk to lie straight to cut is no small chore; this will be a slow process. I'm already dreading mitreing the corners... The colour is such a rich red and really makes the block centres pop.


2 comments:

  1. Where are you teaching near Fredericton and on what date. I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Gail: Thanks for your interest! I will be doing a Maritime Beauty workshop (you can see details on the "workshop" page of my website)for the Keswick Ridge Guild on Sat, April 25. The class may be filled - will know next week if any spots have opened up and will be in touch with you then. It would be nice to meet up!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete