Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 8 March 2009

Maritime Beauty Workshop

It's not quite so easy to "think spring" with the snow falling so steadily outside the window, however we remain eternally optimistic and plans are in place for spring workshops. A couple of Maritime Beauty workshops are scheduled, the first one on Saturday, April 18th at ACTC in Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia, hosted by the Sunrise Quilt Guild. Many of us have been enjoying watching the CBC special The Week The Women Went set in this town, so what a great opportunity to check it out in person. (Do you suppose there will be any movie stars attending the workshop that day?! Hmmm…) Rumour has it there may be a couple of spots available, so if you are interested please email and I will put you in touch with the registrar to add your name to the list. There are lots of pictures of completed projects on the “workshop” page of my website: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/sewkaren

The silk logs are slowly building, 10 blocks are now complete and you can begin to see the Courthouse Steps pattern emerge.
This will get set aside for a few days as I get another project ready to send off to McCall's. The stash of cream/tan silk is quickly dwindling so I may have to raid my closet to see if I have any light coloured blouses left. No wonder I never have anything to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment