Ahhh...those long-awaited words, "and in conclusion..." :) This has been a lot of writing and a tremendous amount of reading - for me and you. If you would like to view my posts on copyright in order, begin here and read forward by clicking "newer post" at the bottom of each page. Now...close your eyes and think back to that Fabergé shampoo commercial which began with a small picture of a woman in the corner of the TV screen. The narrative goes, "I told 2 friends, and THEY told 2 friends, and THEY told 2 friends, and so on, and so on, and so on..." as the picture splits and replicates in a mitosis-like fashion across the screen. I encourage YOU to tell 2 friends what you've learned about respecting copyright, and perhaps they will tell 2 friends, and those 2 friends will take it up at their guild meeting, and so on, and so on, and so on...
If you would like more information on copyright, here are some worthwhile links to follow:
- WIPO: The World Intellectual Property Office
- The full text of The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works
- Kathleen Bissett's excellent and concise article: How Copyright Affects The Quilter.
- A wonderful string of Copyright Copper articles from Virtual Quilter (thanks for this, Jennifer!)
- Copyright Laws And The Quilter on Red Dawn
- Demystifying Copyright by Kellie Cullihall & Brian Perry