Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Sprott Sprouting

There are strange new things sprouting up on the Tantramar Marsh, which separates Nova Scotia from New Brunswick. Where normally we would see traditional farming...
we now see wind farming too.
It's been fascinating to watch these giant structures being hoisted into place by Sprott Power, melding an old tradition with a new technology.

It gives a progressive look to our windy marsh.

4 comments:

  1. Karen, I was AMAZED to see those wind turbines when I drove past there in December. They are so HUGE. I was not aware that was in the works.. It will be interesting to see how they affect your bees...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had trouble connecting to your blog lately; but, today I got in. Geeze, blogger can be a pain at times. They have a lot of these Wind Farms in California. When they first started popping up, I stopped and walked among them and took pictures. They have an intregue that surround them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw some on the windy hillsides of Maui when we were there 5 years ago and now there's a big crop of them near Kingston ON. Harnessing the power of the wind is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are seeing more wind farms here too - they look very surreal, don't they? I hope there is no difference to your bees. By the way your blog font is so tiny, your blog looks as though it has shrunk.

    ReplyDelete