Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 30 October 2011

Next In The String Of Events

Last evening it was time to start thinking about the quilting design for this string top. For those who have attended my Free Motion For The Absolutely Terrified class, you will see I do practice what I preach. With the pieced top on my design wall in full view, I printed a sketch of the layout. I began to think what it is I want this piece to say. Since I know the recipient, I will try to incorporate motifs which will have personal significance.
I begin with my sketch board.
With the board over the quilt sketch, I doodled and doodled until I hit upon a design which I think will work.
Next it's on to the basting...as soon as I get that big lump out from underneath the backing fabric. It keeps moving from one end of the fabric to the other. You aren't fooling any of us, Polly.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea for working out the quilting designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    Am loving this quilt top. The red accent block is just right. Polly seems to be such a help to you. Maybe I need a Polly.......maybe not.
    Great idea for deciding the quilting patterns. Can't wait to see the finished project.
    Regards
    mfs in NY

    ReplyDelete