Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Finished Nine Patch Quilt

The decision got decided and the quilting got quilted.  In the end, I treated each of the three stripes in the border individually and carried the quilting motifs from the centre of the quilt out into the borders.
The blue stripes were sectioned off into squares using an air soluble marker to keep the lines true.  

 Inside each square, I did the continuous curve as in the  Nine Patch blocks.
In the white strip, a flexible ruler was used to mark a gentle curve running from one side to the other. This was all the marking I did, and it was merely to keep things symmetrical.  I find once you get the quilt under the machine needle, you loose sight of the big picture; it helps to have a line to keep you on track.
Using the purple spine as a guide, feathers were free-handed up this spine around the perimeter of the quilt.  This is one of the things we will be doing in the Beginning Feather Workshop during Fibre Arts Festival this October.  If you are interested in joining us, please email to get your name on the list.  The classes are filling quickly.
I'll show you the whole quilt as soon as I get some pretty pictures taken.  That won't be today however, as I am awaiting the arrival of a UPS truck delivering new fabric. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. It looks sweet. Love the light blue with the bits of red. I have a piece of similar that I've stashed away for a guild block of the month. Can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! G O R G E O U S ♥ I can just imagine the big picture!

    ReplyDelete