Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 28 April 2017

There are Mounties at Mrs Pugsley's!

If you've been looking for one of these very-Canadian fabric panels, they have just arrived at Mrs Pugsley's Emporium.  I will save this for a very special quilt, and no doubt use some of the other Canadian fabrics I purchased earlier at her shop. 
As an interesting aside, the clock tower building which houses Mrs P's quilt shop, was designed by the Chief Dominion Architect for the Government of Canada, Thomas Fuller, the same man who designed the original Parliament Building in Ottawa.


These patriotic fabrics seem very appropriate to the shop.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful panel and what a great way to celebrate the Canadian 150th birthday. I want one. I'll be in BC this summer and hope to track this panel down. Thanks for sharing.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name Thomas Fuller rang a bell for me, so I looked him up. He designed the original post office in my home town, too. Lovely architecture, and very distinctive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not generally a panel lover, but this one IS beautiful! Mrs. P's is in a lovely building. What's upstairs? Office space?

    ReplyDelete