Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 26 August 2011

Pacific West Quilt Show

Awhile back, I posted a picture of Joanne Colleaux's version of my Farrago design. She named hers "Underwater Blossoms." Joanne contacted me again several months ago to ask permission to enter the piece in the Pacific West Quilt Show which is taking place this week in Tacoma, Washington. Yesterday I received a note from a very excited Joanne telling me she was off to the Awards Ceremony as her quilt took second place in the Traditional Small Quilts category. Woo Hoo, Joanne!! Joanne's interpretation of the design is stunning, and so very well executed.
The complete list of winners is here. Joanne is from British Columbia, and it makes me proud to see a Canadian quilter in the winner's circle. Joanne has been so generous in sharing her journey to this show that I really feel there is a part of me there. Sincerest congratulations to you, Joanne. I hope you will have pictures to share from the show. (I think I feel another "Woo Hoo" coming on...yup, there it is: Woo Hoo, Joanne!! )

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Joanne the maker and Karen the designer! A winner for sure! WOOO-HOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Very Very Lovely quilt indeed! Congrats to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Joanne. Your quilt is spectacular! Same is said for the design..one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, ladies - it has been fun here at the show wearing an "award winner" tag, and seeing a ribbon by my quilt is pretty amazing. The credit for Karen is prominent in both the show catalogue and the little placard by the quilt itself.

    ReplyDelete