Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 4 May 2012

My Own Worst Enemy

It's been quite a week...In the last post I had completed the basting on the quilt using Plume fabrics. I spent that evening deciding on, and drawing out, the quilting motifs I would use on the quilt. Something kept nagging at me in the back of my mind though and when I got up in the morning, I knew what I had to do. I removed the plain backing fabric (yes, I UNBASTED it!) and ordered some more of the gorgeous Plume. Fussy is as fussy does. I got this flashy royal and gold swirl from Quilting B and More in Charlottetown. Owner Suzanne Lane does great mail order service, and the fabric arrived in my mailbox the next day. Can't beat that.
As much as I dislike having to rebaste the quilt, it is much easier to remove those pins than to rip out the stitching, and I knew I would not be happy otherwise. Sigh... In the meantime, I heard myself say "yes" to another commission, with a very tight deadline. It took awhile to sketch it out and get the lines of the Gothic arch of the window frame even, (and I think I've been to Dayle's 5 times in the last two days for fabric!) but today it's ready to stitch.
C'mon finish line...Mama needs new shoes *-)

5 comments:

  1. I love this antependium, already. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, you do keep busy don't you Karen. Good for you; and such beauties too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking very good! Nice lines.

    You'll be happier with your plume piece in the end, I'm sure, because that backing would always bug you...even though know one else would mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo.....love that batik....! The plume fabric is gorgeous too, your work room must be a real treasure house of lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are a glutton for punishment, but the end results are always spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete