Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 18 December 2011

Our New Beauty

Polly and I started this quilt back in the spring and decided it was time to get it quilted. We toyed with a few stitching ideas before sandwiching, but didn't really come up with anything which wowed us. We will wait for inspiration to come to us while it's under the needle.
The backing fabric is one from Dayle's which I have had my eye on for a bit. It's from "The Empire Collection" by Rose Studios for Blue Hill Fabrics and seemed a good companion for the Kaufman oriental prints used for the top.
As always, Polly keeps a watchful eye on proceedings.
We are using a double layer of wool batting, which is one of Polly's favourites.
She tests out the warmth factor and finds it very much to her liking...so much so in fact that she doesn't want to leave the quilt alone.

5 comments:

  1. Polly is such a great help! Love the pic of her peeking round the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I can't imagine how you ever got any quilting done before you had Polly as an assistant. I am sure things are just flying along with her help, now (or perhaps not!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Pollycat.......I have a Tassencat and she likes to quilt to :o)

    http:mormorquiltar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Pollycat.......I have a Tassencat and she likes to quilt to :o)

    http:mormorquiltar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wrong blogadress...

    here is the right one

    http://mormorquiltar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete