Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 1 September 2011

Packing

This has been a week of packing: lunches for two, suitcases and boxes headed to university for one, and free motion workshop kits for many.
It always puzzles me when folks are surprised to learn there is so much time involved in preparing for a workshop. I guess it's the same mindset that thinks a minister only works one day a week. :) Now that summer is ending and folks are heading back from cottages, workshops for the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival are filling quickly. If you have been considering joining us, I urge you to get your name in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. I have a couple of spots as yet unclaimed in both the Friday Oct 14 and Saturday Oct 15 workshops, Free Motion Quilting For The Absolutely Terrified. Who wouldn't enjoy a day in a room with a group of terrified quilters?! :)
Now it's back to the suitcases and boxes where I admit I'm about ready to pack it in...

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I know all about packing.. just wait a few years till he's in an apartment and you're trying to think of everything he'll need there...
    Yes students often only "see" the teacher standing in front of them for the 6 or 7 hour class. They don't think about all the time you spend preparing notes and making copies, class samples, cutting kits, packing your supplies and possibly travel time, etc. etc. Know all about that too!!
    This, too, shall pass...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as part of Two Wacky Women we have plenty of up front preparation for our quilting retreats. I so wish I was close enough to take one of your classes Karen. Sigh........

    ReplyDelete