Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday 8 June 2009

The Weekend

The tall ships quilt took a backseat to other weekend activities. It's time soon to introduce some green to the mix - one more ship to piece before that, to be placed on the upper right hand side. I like blocks that build in tandem with each other, and you can see that the top sail on the ships is really part of the pinwheel block above it.
A visit to the hives showed lots of activity, both inside and out. The blossoms on the blueberries are in abundance and the bees are happy and productive. There are seldom any stings when the bees are occupied like this; I'm not even sure they were aware of our presence - we were totally ignored.
An adjacent hayfield was full of dandelions gone to seed. The fluffy white heads are beautiful...when they aren't in the lawn.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I see it now. Clever to have the top tip of the sail on the block above. Now they really do look like tall ships. I must plan a trip to Halifax to see the real tall ships. They are very impressive. I really like the addition of the yellow pinwheels. I can't wait to see what you do with the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got to try out my new Juki for machine quilting. My Maritime Beauty is all done and sitting on my table. It came out lovely. I'm now planning one done in more planned colors.

    ReplyDelete