Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 18 February 2009

Anne in Japan

The Fed Ex man left a wonderful surprise this afternoon! Tourism P.E.I. had telephoned yesterday to alert me that my Anne quilt would be returned today. This is "Simply Stated: A Portrait of Anne As A Young Girl" which went to Japan last fall to be exhibited at International Quilt Week Yokohama in Pacifiko Yokohama. Turns out the Anne exhibit was so popular that they decided to send it along elsewhere, and it ended up at International Quilt Week Fukuoka in Fukuoka Yahoo Dome.
The surprise part came when I opened the box to find some goodies inside, sent from Japan. There is a 2009 Quilt Calendar of Japanese quilts:
...and a copy of the December issue of Patchwork Quilt Tsushin.Inside, some of the quilts from the exhibit are shown, including the Anne Portrait. I have no idea what the caption reads! There are some wonderful pictures of scenery of P.E.I. taken when the editor and show organizers toured the province in October. The magazine is beautiful - so many quilts featured, and the work on the Japanese quilts is exquisite.
Best of all, there was a packet of 9 Fat Quarters of Japanese Fabrics.
I am so thrilled to have the fabric. Even though I didn't get to go to Japan with the quilt, I now have a delightful souvenir of the exhibit.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Karen that is great. I was wondering yesterday about Anne and if her trip to Japan was completed. I am sooooo glad she made it back and forth safely.
    Congratulations!!

    The FQ's and magazines are a nice treat for you. Wouldn't it be lovely to know how many people viewed her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen, I came to you from Linda Hubbard's blog. I love your Anne quilt. It's so, so, so Anne. I have a couple of copies of the Patchwork Quilt Tsushin from when the editors came to New Brunswick a couple of years ago. I love the pictures, but can't read a darn thing in them. That was so nice of them to send a package of Japanese fabrics etc. It's to nice to receive an unexpected gift, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise !! I will be anxious to see what you make with the fabric.:))

    ReplyDelete