Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 18 February 2011

I Love A Challenge!

The deadline for the annual Trend Tex Challenge through The Canadian Quilter's Association (CQA/ACC) is very quickly approaching. The five challenge fabrics arrived last fall. You can see them spread out here: brick red, dark green, lime green, yellow and orange. The fabrics are an assortment of Moda Marbles and Michael Miller Fairy Frost. The Challenge theme is Quilting In The Forest so the colours seem appropriate.
I've been working this challenge for many years and for the first time ever, this year I am adding another fabric to the mix. Technically the rules do allow this, I've just always thought it was more fun to do the "pure"challenge of using the original five. This year I buckled...mostly because I find doing patchwork with Fat Quarters extremely frustrating. There's never quite enough. The black piece will be used as background. I picked it up on the opening day of the White Sale at Dayle's on Wednesday. Even though I am trying hard not to add to my ever-burgeoning stash, I admit I came away with 12 metres of fabric and a huge bag of batting. At $1.88/m for top quality quilting cotton plus no tax, how could anyone resist? That was more of a challenge than my Trend Tex quilt!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with designing your challenge quilt. The fabrics are yummy. That was quite the sale at Dayle's. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange looks more pink on my screen (salmon) I immediately saw a little fairy fluttering through a night forest. Will be looking forward to your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love the end result. You done good with your sale purchase there.

    ReplyDelete