Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 3 February 2022

For Wee Bairn in Blue

 Last week, I showed you my newly released pattern called For The Wee Bairn.  It was made with a new collection called "Lace and Grace" from Island Batik.  I liked the quilt so much, I made it a second time, this one using a blue background and assorted scraps for the 9 patches.  The gorgeous snow this past weekend made a perfect backdrop for photography.

Other than using different fabrics, I followed my own directions exactly.
It's pretty amazing how quickly the blocks go together.
I quilt on my domestic sewing machine, so my quilts are pin basted.  This is the only part of the process I do not enjoy. :(
This time I chose a soft yellow flannel for the backing, and used Aurifil 40 weight thread both in top and bobbin.  As before, I stitched free hand feathers in the curved sections, and simply outlined the Improved Nine Patch blocks.

Since I have no wee bairns of my own to wrap, this version is for sale.  You can find it on my website.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.....just imagine what this would look like with a dark background in place of the white, and bright nine patches.....

    ReplyDelete