Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday 13 July 2015

Not Our Bees

We have been enjoying some much needed vacation time, but we did answer a rather frantic call to remove a bee swarm in Fenwick one afternoon - the home owners were terrified.  I thought you might enjoy seeing what we saw:
The swarm was huge, and in a great location for capture (no ladders needed!). The problem was that it had been there several hours by the time we were called, and the scout bees were in the process of calling the others to follow when we got there.
Regardless, Hubby set out a nuc box and gave the branches a shake in hopes that the queen might be enticed to stay.
  It didn't work, and the bees flew off en masse to the new spot the scouts had found.
As much as we would have liked, they were not to be our bees.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I've never, ever seen anything like that in real life! Honey bees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I saw that in my tree, I might be terrified, too. That is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fussy little creatures, eh? I think you two would have made fine hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's quite a swarm......much bigger than the one we had here a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete