Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Slow Progress

After several false starts and many interruptions, the Thanksgiving antependium is finally beginning to take shape. Yesterday I stitched leaves which will be added after the piece is quilted. I love that red print, a Kona Bay tonal.
Today I am finishing up the stitching of the letters.

My goal was to have this as well as the one for Advent finished and presented before the end of August, but that would be nothing short of a miracle at this point. A little divine intervention would be welcome! :)

6 comments:

  1. What glorious leaves.....I love the red fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it is shaping up wonderfully. I can hardly wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you get it done Karen. Looking forward to seening the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitching on the letter in the hoop is lovely! I also like your new "About me" photo. Very arty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those leaves are great Karen. Were tonals used in each one? I wasn't sure whether I might be looking at real leaves. Of course it is a bit early for fall colours on the ground. The sewEZ table sounds like a winner. This may start a trend as many of us like to travel with our machines, and having a sturdy companion would be great. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! BEAUTIFUL! oh my. And ps - your photography is looking extremely lovely too : )
    Monika

    ReplyDelete