Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Quilting Blues...

No, I'm not depressed - my quilts just seem to be singing the blues lately. In what can only be described as "quilting ADD", multiple projects are always on the go. Yesterday I woke up with an overwhelming urge to sew silk, so I drafted a new design out in EQ7 and have the first block completed.
The navy silk jacquard is a recent addition to the stash and was begging to be sewn. Working with silk is very rewarding, but slow. I am delighted with how easily the Bernina handles this tricky fabric. A microtex size nine needle as well as a finer thread are being used in the piecing and silk thread will be used to quilt. I am excited about the cool way these blocks will set together :)
In another corner are sample blocks for the Meadow Song workshop for Fibre Arts Festival in October. These will be stitched using a variety of machine appliqué techniques, including blanket, satin, blind and decorative stitching
The last blue pile is the log cabin quilt from last week.
Blue is a special colour for Nova Scotia; not only do we find it in our tartan, we see it everywhere - blue skies, blue waters and blue berries.

3 comments:

  1. Your blues are just like everything else you make, wonderful! BYW, I have quilting "ADD", too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I meant that last comment to read BTW, not BYW...

    ReplyDelete
  3. blue is, after all, the best colour.

    ReplyDelete