Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 2 May 2013

My Friends At Paducah

I am always so grateful for folks who generously offer their time and talent and willingly share pictures of shows where my quilts hang.  It takes the sting out of not being able to attend.  Yesterday I received two sets of photos from travelers who made the trek to Kentucky;  for both of these lucky women, the AQS Paducah Show is an annual event.  These first ones came from Gaile Smith, whom I have the pleasure of knowing in real life as she attends our Fibre Arts Festival each year.  Thanks, Gaile!
I taught a workshop on this very quilt last October which Gaile attended so I feel very pleased she got to see it hanging here. I hope she felt a connection to the quilt. Gaile tells me that she sat on the plane with Renae Haddadin who, along with Karen Kay Buckley, won Best of Show.  She learned that these two took a year each to make the top and then a year to longarm quilt it. Wow.  What patience... 
The following pictures are from Lynn, who pens the Nebraska Views blog.
I love the one to the left - do you suppose that was the winner in the Small Wall Quilts category?  I'll have to wait for my show book to arrive to check it out.



Lynn got brave and stepped in front of the camera to share this one of her with the quilt.
A sincere thank you to both Lynne and Gaile for these wonderful photos. 

1 comment:

  1. Two years to make a quilt? My, my......I don't have enough years in my life to dedicate that much time to one project!

    ReplyDelete