Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 11 July 2010

Are You A Gadget Person?

Most who know me will agree that I'm not really into gadgets. On a good day there are perhaps 6 straight pins to be found around here, and earlier this year I shocked a quilt chat group when I divulged that I use the same ruler for everything. Even more shocking, I must also admit that I never had a seam ripper until the one which came with the Bernina last December. (My feeling on that issue was that if I had one I'd find ways to use it, and sure enough - hasn't that theory proven true!!) However, there are some pretty nifty tools out there in the quilting world and it's fun to read about the ones which work. Bev Crouse of The Quilter's Net and I have had a great time writing articles for each other's newsletters. Mine for her was on time management (if you'd like to read that, scroll back through the postings on The Quilter's Net blog to find where to sign up for a copy). I was delighted when Bev chose "gadgets" as her topic because let's face it...that isn't information anyone will get from me! Bev's article will be included in the next edition of the Sew Karen-ly Created...newsletter, which will go out to subscribers shortly. If you'd like your name added to the list, simply email and we'll send along the newsletter when it's ready.

2 comments:

  1. What fun! I emailed!
    Julie in S.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gadgets, but to tell you the truth, I don't use many either. I have a great ruler collection, but mainly I use an 18" x 2" ruler for 98% of my cutting. I was excited to purchase a Marti Michell Log cabin ruler and her book recently. I have all the fabric for the log cabin quilt too. I guess I better get cutting, eh!!

    ReplyDelete