Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 20 June 2010

Yuletide Tidings

It may seen odd to be posting Christmas designs with summer only a few hours away, but seasonal fabrics are arriving in the stores now. This is "Yuletide Jewel" sewn in a new line from Nancy Halverson called Tidings. This Jewel was one of my quilts displayed by Benartex in their booth at Spring Quilt Market last month. The Tidings collection contains both non and traditional Christmassy prints; locally it is available at The Fabric Cupboard in Moncton, N.B.
Yuletide Jewel is a quick project to make; it only has four pieced blocks.
It was fun to quilt and looks so different from my original in these colours. Teal and Peacock Blue add spark to colours we normally associate with Christmas.
The pattern for Yuletide Jewel is available from the pattern page of my website. I am finishing up the pattern for another design using the Tidings collection and hopefully will have that ready to post here soon.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I don't usually buy patterns, but I might have to get this one--it would make a great door decoration, something that I could give to my daughter, sisters & nieces for Christmas. The striped fabric used around the outside is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Yuletide. These colors are wonderful. I love everything that Nancy Halvorsen does.

    Your Yuletide Tidings pattern will be my "Christmas in July" project. I'm looking forward to see who has Christmas fabrics in their stores. I'm going to PEI the second week in July. Getting Christmas fabric will be my mission in PEI.

    ReplyDelete