If you've been reading along, I have been working on a quilt to use up some of my stash of Hoffman batiks using a pattern by Anthology Fabrics called Global Warming.. I finally finished and took it this morning for a photo shoot. Shoot was a good word...
While I worked on this quilt, I was casting around in my mind for a good spot for the photography. The massive wind mills on the Tantramar Marsh seemed an appropriate background, so hubby and I scoped it out earlier this week.
The land is pretty flat, except for the dykes built by clever Acadians many, many years ago, so we decided to spread the quilt on a dyke, and shoot it with a windmill behind. Seemed simple enough...
I am pleased with the texture created by the quilting. Manipulating the fabric through the machine made the batiks butter soft, and the wool batting inside makes this a cuddly, puffy quilt.
It will have a male owner, and I have every confidence it will hold up well in the wash.
There is a lot of quilting on this piece, and I used a whack of thread, Aurifil all the way, of course. 50 weight was used for both for the piecing and the quilting. I added a shadow around the outside of the centre "globe" with a 12 weight line of stitching in black.
This afternoon, I decided to lay the quilt in our backyard to get a shot of the whole, and of course that invited trouble. The dark blob in the upper left quadrant is not a shadow...it's a cat. Polly.