Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Maritime Beauty Workshop

Here are a few pictures taken on Saturday at the workshop in Keswick Ridge. This very friendly bunch of quilters are hard at work on their centerpieces (or is that masterpieces?):
Here's Clara, Organizer-Extraordinaire:
The Maritime Beauty blocks that I took along to show are now sewn together, basted, and the quilting has begun. The colours in this were reminiscent of sunshine, so I quilted free-motion wavy lines to look like rays.
There's a bit more quilting left to do on the bow-tie shaped pieces, then on to the bias binding.
The Keswick Ridge Guild have promised to send along finished pictures of their Beauties, and it will be interesting to see these. The fabric choices on Saturday were gorgeous, including many batiks and hand dyes.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the class. I would have been the first one to poo poo a curves class, but this is such a lovely little project, I can't wait to get mine finished. I loved looking at your quilts in person.

    ReplyDelete