The Top 10 Things I Love About Batiks
9. Batiks obey the command "stay". When you press your seams, the fabric lays perfectly flat. You can pretty much finger press your seams as you sew them.
7. Batiks come in rich, vibrant colours.
5. It's a traditional product, still made by hand the way it has been...forever. You can learn more here.
4. Blocks come out square and true every time. No need for trimming.
2. Because the fabric is hand-dyed, each bolt is unique.
1. The # 1 thing I love about batiks is Island Batik! ♥
Batiks are my total all time choice, and I so agree with all your words. When I do use cotton, I continually have to check the right and wrong sides. And for the recent applique blocks, all the batiks fused perfectly.ReplyDelete
Batiks are very yummy. The next batik project is already percolating in my mind.....ReplyDelete
Well said Karen!ReplyDelete
Oh I just loved your article and agree with all of it. Love those Island Batik FabricsReplyDelete