Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday 9 April 2019

The Top 10 Things I Love About Batiks

The Top 10 Things I Love About Batiks

10. The fabric doesn't fray.  This means there will be no stray, annoying threads trapped between the layers of your quilt.
9. Batiks obey the command "stay". When you press your seams, the fabric lays perfectly flat.  You can pretty much finger press your seams as you sew them.
8. Batiks have a high thread count, signifying they are a very good quality cotton, and will last well.
7. Batiks come in rich, vibrant colours. 
6. There is very little lint on the fabric, and no shedding in your sewing machine.

5. It's a traditional product, still made by hand the way it has been...forever. You can learn more here.

4. Blocks come out square and true every time. No need for trimming.

3. There is no right or wrong side to a batik, which is so wonderful when you are having one of those days when you don't know which way is up.

2. Because the fabric is hand-dyed, each bolt is unique.
1. The # 1 thing I love about batiks is Island Batik!

4 comments:

  1. Batiks are my total all time choice, and I so agree with all your words. When I do use cotton, I continually have to check the right and wrong sides. And for the recent applique blocks, all the batiks fused perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batiks are very yummy. The next batik project is already percolating in my mind.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just loved your article and agree with all of it. Love those Island Batik Fabrics

    ReplyDelete