Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday 13 April 2015

A Little of This, A Lot of That

There isn't much of interest to share from my quilting world;  for the last little bit it's been preparing for workshops, packaging pattern orders, and brain-storming new ideas for designs and teaching. Some days it all goes in circles and you end up back where you started. I've also been playing with threads, and exploring possibilities which hadn't before occurred to me.  This is a white/silver grey Aurifil variegated I bought to use on the Hoffman Challenge quilt.  Even though I won't be stitching it on white, I wanted to see how it looked in a feather.  I think it will be fabulous on the challenge fabric.
I picked up new 12 weight thread at Mrs. Pugsley's Emporium, and each spool came with a fun thread wrap.
The wrap will not only keep the thread ends tidy, but will also keep the dust off.  Sewing rooms generate a lot of dust...or at least mine does (!).
I didn't do anything too serious with the thread...yet;  it's all still in the thinking stages, but it's got the potential to be a really fun workshop.
The weather has been beautiful - it's supposed to go up to 12 degrees today! - and the snow in the backyard has gone down significantly in the past few days. This shot was taken a few minutes ago, and the back of the bench is now exposed.  Last week it was covered.
For my friend in "Upper Canada" tending her seedlings, here's a shot of our garden which is just to the left of the picnic table.  I don't think there will be fresh rhubarb for awhile yet...it's still about two feet under snow...but we're optimistic!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.... are you suggesting I should stop my whining? :) I love red on white. And I really like those thread wrappers. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll brag. I have one crocus! We made it to 18 today. No snow since Thursday. Dare we think spring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather yesterday was beautiful. The snow is receding some, and there were all kinds of small flying insects in our yard. Feathers in a 12 weight really make a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's finally cooler here, just as you are warming up! Love those red feathers. - did you use the heavier thread in the bobbin or on top?

    ReplyDelete