Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase. The picture above shows "Meadow Song"; you can download the pattern here.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, 9 September 2016

Festival Prep

There's lots of excitement here this morning, as orders have started to arrive for Fibre Arts Festival. W hat fun to open the boxes!
Included is a new shipment of my book, Quilting Beauties.  I love the line, "Live, breathe, quilt", that AQS has on the box. Words to live by :)

 Polly was particularly taken with the Aurifil box.
Perhaps an Italian cat helped pack it...? 
Inside were lots of goodies, including a few new items - cases, and thread collections. 
The thread cones have turned out to be a popular item, both with stand-up and sit-down quilters. These large spools hold 6,452 yards (5900 m) of 50 weight and offer great saving if you use a lot of thread.  They are in stock now in basic colours.
 There is also a "Basics" collection of 12, 50 weight 1300 m spools in a reusable case.
The 12 weight cotton has been replenished and several new colours added, including light blue and a really pretty rose.  Polly and I will be playing with thread all day!

6 comments:

  1. Score! Good luck with your sales during the fest! The cones really are a great deal! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super size cones, and none better than a feline check test for all to be in order. Love those boxes for the reels, I will see if we have them down here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My machine and I both like Aurifil thread, though it means buying online......sadly, it's not stocked locally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did see volunteer sewing this week and the thread was supplied. My machine was unimpressed with the brand supplied, and told me about it. I rethreaded today with Airfoil, and it was much happier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Lee got a cone of aurafil at quilt Canada. I'm jealous. I plan to be at the Festival for a day, so watch for me.. I may have to get one when I come by your table..

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend Lee got a cone of aurafil at quilt Canada. I'm jealous. I plan to be at the Festival for a day, so watch for me.. I may have to get one when I come by your table..

    ReplyDelete