Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 16 January 2019

"Felicity" in Paisley Park

I hope that you have been following along with the Island Batik Getaway Blog Hop - it's great fun to see the quilts, and the prizes are pretty fabulous, too!
My day to post is not until the 23rd of this month, but I had opportunity last fall to sew today's featured fabric collection, "Paisley Park" and this seemed an appropriate time to share the details.
I chose to work with these colours as I felt they would shine in this design. Aren't they gorgeous?
It's always fun to pull out my Aurifil threads to match and contrast with the fabrics.  I used both 40 and 50 weights for the quilting, as well as clear monofilament to ditch the seams.
 The table set is for a runner and matching placemats.  I love the unusual shape formed from the contours of the block.  The size is perfect for under a dinner plate.
The set was displayed in the Island Batik booth at fall International Quilt Festival in Houston and is now travelling with a trunk show to various quilt shops.
The pattern makes a terrific workshop project, as it features strip-piecing, gentle curved seaming, foundation piecing, a Y seam, and binding of inner and mitred corners all in a do-able sized project. I've had feedback from several enthusiastic instructors telling me this was their favourite class ever, with so many teachable points to cover.
Quilt shops may order the pattern wholesale from their Island Batik rep, or directly from me.  Individual patterns can be ordered in print from my website, or downloaded at this link.
I hope you will visit Island Batik Ambassadors Dionne and Nancy who have also used this collection in their projects. They've got some terrific surprises waiting at the links below:
Wednesday, January 16 - Paisley Park

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces, Karen and I could see how they would be great for teaching. I may have to keep that in to teach beginners. Love to do a finishable project for newbies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the colours in this collection. I think it is my favourite so far... well, maybe it’s a tie between it and Gypsy Rose. You know me, blues, purples and greens are MY colours. You’re right, this would be a perfect workshop pattern. Thanks for another great design.

    ReplyDelete