Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 20 July 2018

Ambassador Box 2 Is Here!

I've been waiting - not so patiently - for this box to arrive. It's the second box this year for Island Batik Ambassadors, and is filled with goodies from Island Batik, Hobbs Batting, and Aurifil thread.  17 lbs. of goodies!!
 The box had obviously been opened and inspected at Customs, as it had been re-taped.
Regardless, our in-house inspector Polly still gave it a sniff or two, just to make sure.  She approved its contents, so on we went with the unpacking.
It's an exciting moment, to open a box filled with such potential.
As before, we are sent a packet of as yet-unreleased fabric which cannot be shown at this time;it will be used for the blog hop next January.  Having just finished sewing with the first surprise packet, I couldn't wait to see the collection, so I tore into it right away.  I was not disappointed.  I invite you to check back in January 2019 for a look-see. :)


Aurifil sent along an assortment of some of their wonderful product, including 2 colour cards, brochures, a large spool of red thread (my favourite colour), a thread pack in green, a tote bag that will see lots of use, and a sticker that says "Powered by Aurifil".  Hmm...now where will I put that? Maybe right on the wheel of my Bernina, because it's ALWAYS powered by Aurifil!

This thread pack is going to be so much fun!  Seven spools of 2890 "Very Dark Grass Green", in all the weights :12,28,40,50,80,Aurifloss, and wool. I know exactly what I want to do with it.
The Island Batik fabric is luscious. The collections we received are shipping to stores in August, I believe, so you should be able to find them shortly. This is a "stack" of 10" squares from the Jungle Cruise collection.

 Another "stack", this one of Paisley Dot Brights.
Love it, love it, love it!

Polly's pick was this collection called Wild Things.  It features a pack of 40 pieces of 2-1/2" strips, as well as 2 yards of light and 2 yards of dark coordinates. You can see the beautiful presentation of the fabrics as they arrive to us, this one tied in a shiny silver ribbon.
 Each Ambassador received one yard cuts of solid white, grey, and black.
 We were also all sent 1 yard cuts of a line called "Check It Out".  Ambassador Sherry, who blogs at "Powered By Quilting", has used hers already in a project, to great effect.
 We were also given a very generous 5 yards of a light neutral.   Mine is called "Almond".
 A batik "Foundations" bundle contained 8 colours, in 1/2 yard measures. I didn't add up all the yardage in the box, but it's significant.  Wow, Island Batik! :)
Hobbs Batting totally pampered us with cotton, wool and wool/cotton battings from their premier "Tuscany" and "Heirloom" lines, in sizes from Throw to Queen.  The Tuscany wool is my go-to batting, and I am so pleased to receive these.
I will take a little while to admire all this, and dream about what each could become, before I begin cataloguing and washing the fabric. I keep a binder with snips of each fabric beside the name of the collection, the fabric SKU's, as well as a finished picture of what I made.
My sincerest thanks to Island Batik, Aurifil thread, and Hobbs Bonded Fibres for their generosity in providing this wonderful selection of materials.



6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous box of goodies......how lucky are you, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all the beutiful fabric. I'd have a hard time trying to decide what to play with, first.
    I wonder if someone at CBSA just wanted to check out Island Batiks' new lines. Perhaps another quilter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that’s every bit as good as Christmas! Can’t wait to see what magnificent things you turn it all into... what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What goodies there, and those fabric colours, brights and some more serene shades to show the others off so well.I know you will have something amazing to show us later on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing what you dream up with these wonderful goodies.

    ReplyDelete