Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 20 November 2014

An Update On The New Book

Many of you have been asking when the book will be arriving and believe me, no one wants it more than me!  It's like the last few weeks of a pregnancy where you just want that baby in your hands. Patience isn't always easy.  The original release date was October 7 and obviously that didn't happen...but for a very good reason.  The editors at AQS decided that it would be a wonderful thing to include a CD of templates with the book so that you can print your own at home full-sized, instead of trucking out to get things photocopied and enlarged.  Honestly, I love the idea...but it has added a bit of time to the project.
It is imperative that these templates are perfect - it is patchwork after all, and the pieces HAVE to fit together with exact precision.  It takes checking, rechecking, and RECHECKING by many individuals before we get the go ahead.  I am part of the checking process, and I am really happy that AQS is being so diligent in their work. This is not a place to make mistakes.
The book part is done - and beautifully done I must say.  The piecing diagrams are incredibly well drawn, I could not be more pleased, and I want this CD of templates to be perfect too.  It will take a bit longer, but the wait will be worth it.  Thank you for your patience (I am working on mine :))

6 comments:

  1. So, no date yet? I am really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a CD IS a super idea. They must have thought a lot of your book to want to make it even better!! The wait will be well worth the effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance that we can all ask Santa to bring us one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a CD to print perfect templates is definitely worth the wait. cant wait to see this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it will be worth the wait however long it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! Put me on the "I want one" list for when it arrives... What is it they say.."Good things come to those who wait"?

    ReplyDelete