Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase. The picture above shows "Meadow Song"; you can download the pattern here.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Blue Ocean, Blue Sky

Friday while I was at Mrs. Pugsley's Emporium, a new shipment of fabric arrived.  There it was - right on top - the blue I had envisioned for my latest project.  It's Michael Miller's Fairy Frost by Mark Hordyszynski in a colourway named Ocean.  I was so excited to find it!
However, this very intense blue with it's black undertones is not destined for use in a marine themed quilt, but rather will be night sky among my stars.  Intriguing to think about how deep ocean and far away sky are imagined to be the same shade.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous blue! How deep is the ocean, how wide is the sky......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all blues. Your project looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that blue is luscious... think I might have to get me some of that....

    ReplyDelete