Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Cumberland Blueberries

The folks who rent the bees for pollination asked if we would like to come pick some blueberries in one of their fields.  Would we?  Oh yes!  I love to pick berries.  Hubby came to help and we filled two large bowls in about a half hour.  These are not the large, highbush berries:  these are the native wild blueberries full of antioxidants, for which Cumberland County is famous.  And are they tasty!
Since hubby helped pick, he will be rewarded with a pie...and maybe some blueberry grunt.  The sons will have theirs in smoothies but my favourite way is simply in a bowl with a little milk.  Umm, umm.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, blueberry pie! Funny to think of bees being rented out, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummmmy! I can hardly wait.. our Sat.a.m. Farmer's Market was out of blueberries by the time I got there last Sat. but hoping to get some this week. Nothing better than fresh warm blueberry pie... It's a fav of my hubby too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We grow the big domestic ones. This year's a bumper crop. However, I remember those low-bush blueberries, and picking them when I was a kid. Blueberry pie is a pretty big treat, but lately I've been making scones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious and would taste yummy with my morning porridge.
    What is blueberry grunt please?

    ReplyDelete