Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase. The picture above shows "Meadow Song"; you can download the pattern here.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, 3 July 2013

To Every Thing There Is A Season...

...and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Yesterday was my time to dance - what a day. It began with an unexpected income tax refund from an audit (never mind if it was $5.12, it was still in my favour!)  Then the call from AQS;  I had barely hung up the phone when the doorbell rang and there stood the UPS man with a packet for me, all the way from Denmark.
Stof Fabrics has kindly and generously sent me some of their gorgeous fabrics for use in my work.  I wish you could reach through the computer monitor and feel these;  similar to a Kona Cotton in weight but with a marbled colouring, they will quilt up beautifully.
The timing is amazing, as I can start in right away on the projects for the book.  From my study of Greek theatre in university (and no one ever thought it would serve a purpose!!), I'd call this an example of deus ex machina. Dancing over, this is now my time to sew.

3 comments:

  1. Out on my deck in the beckyard on a hot sunny day... I was dancin' and whoopin' with you too! Congratulations on the book deal Karen!!!! And the 5 bucks too. :)
    Your hard work pays off. Enjoy the fabrics*

    Monika in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a day you had yesterday!
    And I understand about the $5. I get excited when I find a loonie in a pocket of something I haven't worn for awhile!
    Don't spend it all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, $5.12.......what a bonus! Isn't that fabric gorgeous, I can see why you are dancing the happy dance.

    ReplyDelete