Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 3 July 2013

To Every Thing There Is A Season...

...and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Yesterday was my time to dance - what a day. It began with an unexpected income tax refund from an audit (never mind if it was $5.12, it was still in my favour!)  Then the call from AQS;  I had barely hung up the phone when the doorbell rang and there stood the UPS man with a packet for me, all the way from Denmark.
Stof Fabrics has kindly and generously sent me some of their gorgeous fabrics for use in my work.  I wish you could reach through the computer monitor and feel these;  similar to a Kona Cotton in weight but with a marbled colouring, they will quilt up beautifully.
The timing is amazing, as I can start in right away on the projects for the book.  From my study of Greek theatre in university (and no one ever thought it would serve a purpose!!), I'd call this an example of deus ex machina. Dancing over, this is now my time to sew.

3 comments:

  1. Out on my deck in the beckyard on a hot sunny day... I was dancin' and whoopin' with you too! Congratulations on the book deal Karen!!!! And the 5 bucks too. :)
    Your hard work pays off. Enjoy the fabrics*

    Monika in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a day you had yesterday!
    And I understand about the $5. I get excited when I find a loonie in a pocket of something I haven't worn for awhile!
    Don't spend it all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, $5.12.......what a bonus! Isn't that fabric gorgeous, I can see why you are dancing the happy dance.

    ReplyDelete