Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 15 May 2013

The Unexpected And The Anticipated

Reaching my hand into the mailbox is a favourite part of my day;  you never know what surprises you may pull out.  Perhaps it's because I grew up at a rural Post Office, but the fascination with mail never grows old. Imagine my delight when I reached in and retrieved this fabulous fabric postcard from Kate in Ontario.  Kate has recently completed a Maritime Beauty and she used her scraps to send a greeting.
You can check out her post here.  I love her title ("Maritime Cutie") almost as much as I love the postcard!  Thanks so much, Kate. I imagine my mailman was intrigued by this unusual item in his mailbag.
One Maritime Beauty I have been anticipating seeing is Jennifer'shttp://bronzewombat.blogspot.ca, from Bronze Wombat fame. Hailing from Australia, Jennifer purchased fabrics for her project on trip to Canada last fall and sought to make this a reminder of her visit.  Most were purchased in Victoria, B.C. and she chose colours to represent sea, sand, rocks and sky - things which impressed her as being very "Canadian".  With permission, I nabbed this shot of her fabrics from her blog, but please visit to see her pieced top:  it sparkles!



Thanks to both Kate and Jennifer for great work.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed my flight of fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love "Maritime Cutie", that's a great title! Thanks for linking to my blog, it will be interesting to see how many visits that generates.

    ReplyDelete