Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 18 October 2012

A Little Inspiration

Last week during the demonstration at dayle's, I finished up the machine quilting on this Christmas version of Roundabout Again.  The angle is a little odd in this picture as it is spread out on the dining room table.  I will take it full on when I get a hanging sleeve on the back.


I put a little flicker of gold metallic thread in each point and did a continuous curve in the spaces between.   The outer ring was quilted in unmarked, free hand feathers using the curved edge of the archband as the spine of the feather.
I used this piece in the workshop to demonstrate the application of binding an inside corner, and also my really easy method of joining the ends of the binding in a diagonal seam. 
New York Roundabout Again pattern #112 is available here.

3 comments:

  1. That little sparkle of gold sets off the fabrics beautifully! How do you attach a hanging sleeve to a curved top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer: I will answer this question in an upcoming blog post!

      Delete
  2. Jennifer thanks for asking my question for me!! I have my version of the New York Roundabout Again waiting to be quilted, and the hanging sleeve has been a concertn.

    ReplyDelete