It's been quite a week...In the last post I had completed the basting on the quilt using Plume fabrics. I spent that evening deciding on, and drawing out, the quilting motifs I would use on the quilt. Something kept nagging at me in the back of my mind though and when I got up in the morning, I knew what I had to do. I removed the plain backing fabric (yes, I UNBASTED it!) and ordered some more of the gorgeous Plume. Fussy is as fussy does. I got this flashy royal and gold swirl from Quilting B and More in Charlottetown. Owner Suzanne Lane does great mail order service, and the fabric arrived in my mailbox the next day. Can't beat that.
As much as I dislike having to rebaste the quilt, it is much easier to remove those pins than to rip out the stitching, and I knew I would not be happy otherwise. Sigh... In the meantime, I heard myself say "yes" to another commission, with a very tight deadline. It took awhile to sketch it out and get the lines of the Gothic arch of the window frame even, (and I think I've been to Dayle's 5 times in the last two days for fabric!) but today it's ready to stitch.
C'mon finish line...Mama needs new shoes *-)