Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Spring Cleaning

Each spring, beekeepers face the gargantuan task of unwrapping, opening up, and cleaning out the over-wintered hives. There's a bit of anxiety involved as one never knows what surprises await. Fortunately, this spring the bees seem for the most part to have survived our very-light winter successfully. The hives were abuzz with activity and happy to be given a bit more freedom.
Most were already out and about gathering pollen. This one is shown on my leather glove (don't want you to think I have alligator skin!)
You can see them busily heading in and out the front entrance with the yellow pollen sacs on their legs stuffed full.
What a relief to have this big job done.
If only I had my spring cleaning done at home... *-)

3 comments: