Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 2 October 2011

Norman's Blankie

I received this delightful little book in the mail on Friday, and all I can say is "wow." Norman's Blankie is written and illustrated by the very talented Cheryl Coville, who many know as Grandma Coco. I've long been familiar with Cheryl's unique work in which she combines knitting and patchwork to great effect. Her skill with illustrations is incredible, and she weaves them around a very special story. When my boys were young, two favourites in our household were Sheree Fitch's Sleeping Dragons All Around, and Phoebe Gilman's Something From Nothing. I can see Norman's Blankie fitting in with these as bedtime regulars. You can read more about the book at this post on Cheryl's blog. Norman's Blankie would make a lovely gift to accompany a quilt for a new baby, one sure to be read and re-read. Congratulations to you Cheryl.

2 comments:

  1. Karen, what can I say? This is so sweet of you to write about my book. Thanks a million. So glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to my book arriving. I am quite excited about it. I have a small but growing collection of books written my my inperson and online friends.

    ReplyDelete