Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday 18 October 2010

Friday Meadow Song Workshop

It was back to the Ralston Room bright and early Friday morning for another session on machine appliqué.
We used my Meadow Song design as a jumping off point to learn the different ways a block could be appliquéd and embellished.
We also learned a super simple way to make half square triangles, an easy trick to reduce the bulk in our pinwheel blocks and the secrets to stitching perfect circles.
Participants came from both ends of Nova Scotia - Saulnierville to Antigonish - and beyond, including folks from New Brunswick, P.E.I and Ontario. It was a nice mix of sewing abilities and backgrounds all brought together through a common interest.
Because Friday was taken up for me in the presentation of this workshop, I missed two of the week's main events - the quilt show at the Baptist Church as well as the Zonta Bazaar at Tantramar Theatre. I heard both were spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment