Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 21 August 2009

Selvedge Tote # 3

I guess if you are from Missouri you have a certain reputation to live up to. Kathy Cavaness who hails from the "Show Me" state has done just that, and shown me a picture of her Selvedge Tote Bag. Isn't it great? I love how she has left coloured bits of fabric showing through beside each selvedge strip.Kathy has had fun sharing her project with her Southern Stitchers group, who are now busy saving selvedges for their own projects. The pattern for this bag appears in the current (October 2009) issue of McCall's Quilting.
If you have made a bag, please be sure to send along a picture for us to see. (And you don't have to be from Missouri to show us!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very nice! I like the added color with the narrow additions of fabric too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this pattern and was so thrilled to see the pattern appear so soon in the McCalls Mag. I have been making a selvedge quilt patterned after the Red Zinger that was featured in another magazine earlier, but I love quick, useful type of projects. I'll send you a picture of mine if I can get my camera to work. Thanks for the inspirations. Can't wait to see what your next project is.

    Darlene S

    ReplyDelete