Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 22 October 2008

Off to Japan!

Well...my quilt is, not me... I am thrilled to learn that Simply Stated: A Portrait of Anne As A Young Girl has been awarded first place in the 100 Years of Anne category in the Kindred Spaces Textile Show. This show was organized to honour the 100th anniversary of the publication of Anne of Green Gables. In addition to the $1000. cash prize, the quilt travels to Yokohama, Japan to be exhibited in their International Quilt show, November 6 -8, 2008.
If anyone is lucky enough to be travelling in the area at this time, and would like more info on how to get to the show, here's the site: http://www.viq.com/english/iqw/yokohama/iqwy.htm
(And if anyone has a couple of extra tickets to Japan just lying around, well...!

3 comments:

  1. It is lovely Karen again Congratulations. Jane

    It sure would be nice to be in Yokohama to view the show, I am still waiting for my big win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen, I am a big fan of AOGG and your Anne quilt is lovely. Congratulation on winning the big prize. Hugs Judy in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, it's beautiful and so "Anne" no wonder it won! Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete