Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 24 August 2008

Beauty and Bounty Abound

Wonder of wonders...the persnickety sewing machine finally decided it wanted to play. This New York Beauty wallhanging has been stalled out for a couple of weeks, so I worked till late Friday getting as much done as I possibly could before the day ended. It still needs more quilting, but it was a relief to get this far. And what fun! I love how colourful this piece is.
Yesterday hubby and I checked the progress in the beeyard. The bees are having a wonderful summer; most hives have 3 honey supers and some are almost ready for another tier. It's going to be a busy fall getting all of that bottled. The hives are located in an apple orchard, and the fruit is quickly ripening (dare I say the fruit is coming to fruition?) Here is an August Apple:
In the home garden, our late variety clematis is in bloom, spilling over the railing on the back deck:

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt piece is way too complicated for me, a beginner, but exceptionally beautiful in the way you've blended the colours.. I wonder what your clematis is? I live in southern MB,zone 2b or 3a or 4 if I'm really lucky and sheltered, so likely it's too mild a climate in NS for me to grow it.... thanks for a lovely website.

    ReplyDelete