Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 13 March 2008

Quilts From The Edge : The Label

The finishing touch for any quilt is to have a label affixed to the back containing pertinent information about the quilt. The old "who, what, when and where" formula from news reporting is a good one to keep in mind. Some folks embroider a label, some use fine tip permanent markers to hand write the information. My favourite way is to make the label on the computer and include a photo of the finished quilt there as well. I print it on a purchased fabric photo sheet, or on cotton I treat myself using Bubble Jet Set. This label is a bit lengthier than most as I included the Artist's Statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment