Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 16 March 2008

Basting

We all have our least favourite chores when it comes to quilting, and mine is basting. I like the designing, the sewing, the quilting, and I l-o-v-e sewing on that binding, but dread the tedious process of securing the layers. When I'm up for some exercise, I spread the quilt on the livingroom floor and use masking tape to hold the fabric taut while I pin. (The exercise part comes in as I have to move the furniture out to get a big enough space to do this.) When the Grace Frame is not occupied with a handquilting project, it works wells for basting. Here I have my Anticipation top in the frame, ready to be removed for machine quilting. This makes three quilts basted and ready to quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment